Terms and Conditions
Jayco’s 2-Year Manufacturer’s Warranty lets you relax on your travels, safe in the knowledge that Australia’s largest RV dealer and service network has you covered. Plus to demonstrate our commitment to the quality, longevity and integrity of our manufacturing process, Jayco’s 5-Year Structural Warranty is available for the original owner.
Jayco provides the original purchaser of every Jayco RV purchased a 2 Year Warranty that the product’s workmanship and materials will be free from defects.
Jayco’s 2-Year Manufacturer’s Warranty applies to RVs delivered from the 1st of December 2017. RVs purchased prior to this date have a 12 month warranty.
Jayco’s 5-Year Structural Warranty applies to RVs delivered from the 1st of December 2017.
The warranty period commences on the date of delivery.
Warranty repairs and replacements will be undertaken by Jayco or an authorised repairer. Warranty repairs and replacements will be free of charge unless an on-site repair is requested in which case a service call fee will apply.
Unless the owner has prior written consent from Jayco, under the Warranty Jayco will not reimburse the owner under the Warranty for repairs undertaken by an unauthorised repairer.
The Warranty will not apply in certain circumstances, including where the RV has been:
• used for a purpose other than which it was designed;
• used for commercial purposes;
• in an accident; or
• towed by a vehicle other than a standard passenger vehicle.
The Warranty will also not extend to specific types of damage including:
• wear and tear when the RV has been used for permanent living purposes;
• tears, punctures, and fading to fabric items; or
• damage caused by alterations or repairs being undertaken by an unauthorised repairer.
What is Covered under the 5-Year Structural Warranty
- Jayco manufactured components will be leak free (silicone included).
- Jayco manufactured galvanised chassis components (excluding adjustments and rubber components).
- Jayco manufactured suspension components including J-tech suspension (excluding adjustments and rubber components).
- Jayco manufactured walls and roofs (warranty limited to delamination, cracking, pitting and deformed cladding).
- Covers workmanship and materials against defects.
- All warranty work carried out free of charge.
- Available to original owner only.
Some exclusions, terms and conditions apply.
For full warranty terms, please contact your nearest Jayco dealer.
The original manual roof lifting winch installed in a Jayco camper trailer carries a lifetime warranty.
(Applies to original owner only and is not transferable).
Jayco’s Outback range of RVs have been designed and constructed to give added strength and ground clearance, for limited unsealed road usage. Gas venting regulations and other construction restraints limit the effectiveness of these RVs against dust and water penetration. Under no circumstances should these RVs be exposed to water crossings at, or above, body floor level.
We strongly recommend towing at safe speed according to travel conditions with extra care and attention required on uneven surfaces. Our Outback RVs are not designed for hard impact or heavy landings or severely rutted roads or tracks.
Jayco’s Outback RVs are not designed for use on four wheel drive only tracks.
The following items for Outback RVs are not covered under Jayco’s warranty:
- Impact or stone damage to body, chassis or running gear.
- Soiling of fabrics and internal fitments from dust and other airborne substances.
- Water damage due to water crossings.
- Movement or damage caused by dislodgment of appliances and fittings resulting from hard impact or heavy landings or severely rutted roads or tracks.
- General damage arising from misuse.
The Warranty does not extend to maintenance items which are the responsibility of the purchaser.
Jayco’s RVs include equipment and fittings, such as cooking appliances, tyres and toilets, which are separately warranted by their manufacturer and not covered by Jayco’s Warranty. If necessary, Jayco will help an owner make a warranty claim to these individual component manufacturers.
The purchaser of a Jayco RV will be provided with a Customer Care Card. You are required to present this card when making a warranty claim.
For full terms and conditions of Jayco’s warranty program, please refer to your owner’s handbook provided with your RV. The owner’s handbook sets out further information on what you must do should a warranty fault occur, and what will and will not be covered.
Adventurer Off Road Policy
Jayco’s Adventurer range of RVs have been designed and constructed to give added strength, ground clearance and durability, for extended off-road usage. Gas venting regulations limit the effectiveness of these RVs against dust and eater penetration. Under no circumstances should these RVs be exposed to water crossings at, or above floor level.
We strongly recommend towing at an appropriate and safe speed according to road and weather conditions, with extra care and attention required on rough surfaces. Tyre pressures are an important factor in off-road travel and need to be adjusted accordingly.
Jayco’s Adventurer RVs are not designed for tight, undulating or extreme 4WD tracks that are unsuitable for trailers. As a consequence, they should not be used on such tracks, and any damage that may occur from unreasonable use in these circumstances will not be covered under warranty. The best and safest policy is to leave your RV as a base camp and explore unsuitable areas with your tow vehicle alone.
The following items for Adventurer RVs are not covered under Jayco’s warranty:
- Impact or stone damage to body, chassis and running gear.
- Soiling of fabrics and internal fitments from dust or other substances
- Water ingress from floods or deep water fording above floor level
- Wheel alignment
- Off-road use where the road is not suitable for travel
- Damage, defect or failures as a result of modifications, overloading or misuse